Friday, November 19, 2010

Stupid scale

First off, I know I shouldn't be even looking at a scale. I know the weight isn't the important thing, it's getting in shape.


Other than this shape.

And I'm definitely working on the getting in shape thing. I'm going to the gym at least 3 times a week and I'm being mindful of what I eat. My major goal right now is to get my cardio endurance up, then I'll add weight training as well. But you can't quantify carido endurance. I know I'm not suffocating on the elliptical anymore, but that's just not as tangible as numbers. I like numbers. The scale has numbers. Unfortunately, the scale is also a lying whore that cannot be trusted. So why to I even bother?!

Two months ago I was 295 (according to the Dr's scale) and three weeks ago I was 280 (according to my parents' scale). I then obtained my scale last week I was 270 and Tuesday night I was 278. Thursday morning I was 265. Seriously? 13lbs in one day? I suspect you are DUMB. I know you're heavier at night than you are post-pee in the morning but I know damn well I didn't piss 13lbs.

So I will continue to step on that stupid scale, if not for any other reason than making sure I don't gain weight (excluding post-plateau weight training muscle gain).

Here's a fun graphic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment