Monday, December 13, 2010

Bitter Cold

I passed the scrolling marquee on the circle for one of the TV stations and it was reporting "BITTER COLD" today. You know what, TV station? I don't appreciate you labeling it "bitter". "Bitter cold" is subjective so it means something different to everyone. Maybe it's 30°F to a Californian, maybe it's -30°F to a Minnesotan; who knows! It's BITTER!

Just give us the facts and we'll take care of the interpretation. Tell me it's 7°F and I'll make my own decisions about how I feel about that number and its affect on my appendages. Maybe I don't want you influencing how I feel about the temperature. Maybe if you hadn't said "bitter cold" I might think "Shit, it's cold but it's not too cold, I guess". But now I have it in my head that it's bitter. MAYBE I FEEL COLDER NOW! See what you've done? You've actually made it colder. Good job, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment